Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thunderbird Build


I did the thunderbird build lab over the reading week. It involved updating a file so that it no longer displayed non-links in the link format.

I was having trouble building thunderbird first of all. I tried a number of times to rebuild but it kept getting this one error that would not allow me to open thunderbird. Whenever I ignored it or aborted it, the command prompt window would stop responding and close, and when I pressed cancel it closed it. A few days later I re-built it, however, and was successful.

I tried to reproduce the error but didn't realize that it would only reproduce once it was saved as a draft. I can attribute Scott's blog for that little tidbit. Since I had already read Scott's blog, I had a good idea of how to solve the issue. I opened up the mozTXTToHTMLConv.cpp file in the mozilla/netwerk/streamconv/converters directory and changed the necessary code, retested it and sure enough, success on all accounts (see picture).

Patch can be found here
Bug can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment