Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Firefox - debug build

I am on my way to doing that Firefox Lab from ever so long ago (2 weeks) but I just had the regular Firefox build on my computer so I had to go back and build the debug version. Unfortunately, I spent some of last night and today trying to figure out why it kept saying update.exe.manifest in mozilla-central/toolkit/mozapps/update/updater/ was not found (aside from the obvious, the file not being there)...it seemed it should be there but after trying a number of rebuild commands and talking on IRC in the #developer channel trying to get some ideas and having them say to do things I had already tried, I decided to scrap it all and start from scratch. I did basically the same thing I did in the beginning except this time I made the .mozconfig file contain the settings for the debug build in the first place rather than just the original build, and waited for an hour or more for everything to complete (hg clone ___ and make -f client.mk) and sure enough, updater.exe.manifest was there.
Should have just done that from the beginning...
Tomorrow will be a day of labs. I intend to do the Firefox Lab as well as the lab about fixing a bug in Thunderbird. It shall be good fun...isn't it always?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment