Friday, February 19, 2010

My Bespin Bug Was Outdated!!

So I have been working on this bug for a number of hours now and was curious as to how some of the things I did was not fixing the issue. It seemed like they really should have...but then I thought I'd check something out. I went on the bespin client located at http://bespin.mozilla.com and realized that some things were much different between that one and mine. On the online version, the cursor is an I while it's in the Bespin editor, but on my local copy, it stays as the regular windows arrow. This is really the only difference I care about...the others are things like...the front page is different (mine has Italian or some foreign language on the start-up page while the Bespin one just has instructions, but I'm sure they tweaked that), and there are no buttons on the top in mine whereas there are buttons on the top in the online one. On irc, they said that the button issue and the foreign language differences were supposed to happen, but at that time I didn't think to ask whether the cursor should be an I, as I didn't realize it was supposed to be.

Unfortunately, I was just on IRC talking to pwalton and it seems that the issue has been resolved and it was outdated. http://bespin.mozilla.com uses version 0.0.4 and the recent version is 0.0.7. Joy!!!!!!!!!! That was a good use of a multitude of hours. Well, so much for that. He assigned me to another bug now...bug # 542578. So, I better get to work. I'll make another initial project plan for it since the last one is obsolete.
Joy.
I guess life is in fact winning this round.

No comments:

Post a Comment