Saturday, January 23, 2010

Experience in Firefox Channel on IRC

I have been sitting and observing the #Firefox irc channel on moznet throughout the night and, by watching what's going on, I can see how effective IRC can truly be. It appears that anyone, even those unknown to anyone, can just pop in at any point in time and ask questions about whatever may me itching their curiousity in regards to Firefox (or whatever the channel they are in is related to), and will in most cases get an answer if someone there is capable of answering that question. It's really a thing of beauty for people who want to troubleshoot their Firefox browser, talk about potential add-ons, and just have general discussions about Firefox's capabilities or lack thereof. I look forward to using irc in my projects and for future projects that I take on in my lifetime. It appears that programmers have another best friend aside from Google, and I can see how once you become a regular user, how involved you can become as well as how knowledgeable you can become, and how you can soon start contributing the knowledge that you have to help those who need it and truly become a part of the community.
It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment