Saturday, January 23, 2010

Joined Some Mozilla Mailing Lists

So I joined some mailing lists from Mozilla that I thought I would find interesting.

The first one: dev-amo, which is discussing the software powering the mozilla add-on website. I thought I'd join because I wish to get involved in some development of addons for mozilla. It may just be discussing the software powering the website, but it looks like a damn cool website and I wouldn't mind hearing about it and what they have to say about it.

The second one: dev-apps-chatzilla, which is discussing the development of ChatZilla, the IRC chat client that is an add-on to Firefox (Firefox has so many add-ons, can anyone really beat it at this point???). I've began using it as my main IRC client and it is really easy to use and nice. I don't really use the mouse with it at all but that's a possibility, and that's always good for users who like the GUIs. If one thing leads to another, maybe getting involved in some development in it would be fun, but for now, hearing about it will satisfy any curiousities I have and it shall be interesting.

The third one: dev-apps-firefox, which is, of course, the development discussions about Firefox. I joined it because I want to keep updated on the general updates and discussions about Firefox and hope to get involved in add-ons with this browser. It is my main browser, as it should be...and everyone else's :-D, and I'd like to hear about what's going on with it. Be in the loop and get the latest news!

The fourth and final mailing list I joined was dev-embedding, which discusses embedding Mozilla code. I believe that to mean general discussions about embedding code into the add-ons and other programs related to Mozilla-type products. I want to learn more about this, so I joined it.

One step closer to being involved in the open source community. Knowledge is power!!!

2 comments:

  1. You sir, have been busy. Rollin' up those sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! i read this blog, this blog is very helpful for me... I like this post and i feel very happy to read this article...
    thanks for sharing...
    more info:- Mozilla Firefox Support

    ReplyDelete