Friday, January 15, 2010

Introduction

Hello there. My name is Derek and I'm 23 years old. I've been in school for as long as I can remember.........................and definitely can't wait to get out and into the world to use these skills that have been a long time in the making. I went into programming kind of indecisive whether it was what I wanted to do or not, but over time, and as I learned more about it, I fell back into my roots of nerd-ism and became the computer science dude that God intended for me to be. I used to be on the computer all the time when I was younger and throughout high school for a while but then at the end of grade 12 and after high school I had a bit of a falling out. Shockingly, that was about the time when I had to pick a lifetime career...too bad. Luckily, I decided I would give it a try after two courses that I was unsatisfied with and have stuck with it and dare I say ... fell in love with it? I dare. I did some programming in high school but lacked the concentration since there were females in the class which stole my concentration. That doesn't seem to be a problem in this course...but I worked on a couple of websites in my younger days, and some java and visual basic, as well as Turing (haha) in high school, so I guess that was some kind of an introduction into what I was getting into. High school isn't very in depth though at all when teaching this, and it was all pretty much following examples in a workbook, which isn't the best method of learning I don't find. Not involved enough.

Anyway, that was my ramble. I look forward to working with all of you and shall talk to you in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment