Monday, April 19, 2010

Issues with Bug 558783 over the weekend

I had some issues with bug 558783 over the weekend. First, when I began to work on it, I started up bespin but everytime I moved left or right it would stall. It appears that since I was working on it last week, they had updated a few things and 'column' was now referred to as 'col'. When I changed this in the moveLeft and moveRight function, it began to work again. I was worried at first because I was afraid I had uploaded the wrong patch or something and had lost my work. Luckily, this was not the case.

So far on the patch, I have implemented the reference for the smartmove option that Bespin produces when 'smartmove' is typed on the command line. It explains what the command does and how to use it. Right now, the bug is at a point where when the cursor is in the middle of tab spaces, it will jump from the middle of a tab to the end of the tab in the direction pressed, but not when shift is pressed. I have to figure out how to determine whether shift is being pressed and implement it in that situation as well. It also jumps over the entire space if there are two tabs rather than only one tab space. I am having trouble figuring out the logic for that one... I also have to add the actual command to turn the smartmove feature off and code it accordingly. Unfortunately, I have to give it a rest for a bit because my DSA exam and EJB exam are tomorrow. It will be in the back of my mind, however...

No comments:

Post a Comment