Sunday, April 25, 2010

Release 0.3 - latest patch for Bespin's SmartMove implementation (revised)

I have been working on this bug over the past few days, throughout my flight to Saskatchewan and during time when I wasn't obligated to give my full attention to the family who I am visiting, and I have uploaded the newest patch for the SmartMove implementation. I had to change a couple of files so I found out how to make a diff for multiple files (which is actually just searching through the directory and it throws all the changes together in one big diff file) and uploaded it. Although the releases for class are done, I am definitely not going to stop working on Bespin. It has become somewhat of a hobby, and I like the community around it. I find it interesting in the way it is put together and would enjoy working on it and helping out in its production as a hobby and a pass-time. I can see myself working on it for a long time to come...I'd rather work on it as a hobby rather than for marks because then less pressure is applied and you don't have anything that could be perceived as negativity looming over your head; it's just you and your code and it feels a lot more leisurely and comfortable because the end result won't affect you long-term in any negative way whatsoever since everything you do in the real world is experience, whereas if you do something less than perfect for school, it is your one and only 'iteration' and it could mean a few strikes off the old gpa, which can lead to stress when trying to work on it and it is quite hard to concentrate fully when feeling stressed about what the result could mean to your future.

Anywho, my latest bug patch is below.

The bug page and comment can be found here

The actual patch can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment