Thursday, April 15, 2010

Review of bug for release 0.2

I posted my bug that I fixed for release 0.2 earlier this week and it was reviewed by Jviereck a few days later. He said that there was a few things that were not quite right with the bug fix. These are:
  • When the cursor is within a tab, pressing right or left should bring the person to the end of the tab (if the tab is 4 spaces and the user is column 2 of that tab, pressing right should move the cursor 2 spaces to the right) (mine always moves *set amount of tab spaces*, even if the cursor is inside of a tab).
  • If the user is within a tab space, and say this tab space is on column 1-4 and the cursor is on column 2, if the user holds shift and presses right, the cursor goes to column 4 and highlights column 2, 3 and 4.
  • Add a setting to turn this feature on/off.
I will add these additional features to my smartmove implementation and post it, hopefully by the end of the week, but by Monday at the latest and it shall be my 0.3 and final release (for the course).

No comments:

Post a Comment